Saturday, June 6, 2009

New adventures

So, as some already know, I'm a bona-fide college alum now and headed to Qatar in August to TA at the Weill Cornell Medical College for a year. In the meantime, I'm prepping for the trip, getting in shape, beefing up my movie and book savvy, trying to learn some Arabic, and hopefully catching up with some friends one last time before I leave.

This is the first and probably only summer I'll have in a long long time where everything is so laid back. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

3 comments:

  1. COOL QATAR! Plenty of people there speak English though, one of my roommates is from there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the alphabet, I haven't done anything with Arabic since finals. I still have trouble with ص and س and all the other pairs that sound alike...

    What happened to the rest of the blog?

    -Jakob (in Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Robin: trufax, though it'd still be nice to get brownie points for speaking the local language

    @Jakob: I basically gave the blog a restart -- maybe I'll bring back the other entries later

    ReplyDelete